Here are this year’s winners of The Kischies:
“Celebrating progressive, intelligent and entertaining genre literature”
The Red Tentacle (Novel), judged by Rebecca Levene, Patrick Ness and Jared Shurin:
● Jesse Bullington, The Folly of the World (Orbit)
● Nick Harkaway, Angelmaker (William Heinemann) WINNER!
● Frances Hardinge, A Face Like Glass (Macmillan Children’s)
● Adam Roberts, Jack Glass (Gollancz)
● Julie Zeh (translated by Sally-Ann Spencer), The Method (Harvill Secker)
The Golden Tentacle (Debut):
● Madeline Ashby, vN (Angry Robot)
● Jenni Fagan, The Panopticon (William Heinemann)
● Rachel Hartman, Seraphina (Doubleday)
● Karen Lord, Redemption in Indigo (Jo Fletcher Books) WINNER!
● Tom Pollock, The City’s Son (Jo Fletcher Books)
The Inky Tentacle (Cover Art), judged by Lauren O’Farrell, Gary Northfield and Ed Warren:
● Tom Gauld, Costume Not Included by Matthew Hughes (Angry Robot)
● Oliver Jeffers, The Terrible Thing that Happened to Barnaby Brocket by John Boyne (Doubleday)
● Dave Shelton, A Boy and a Bear in a Boat by Dave Shelton (David Fickling Books) WINNER!
● Peter Mendelsund, The Flame Alphabet by Ben Marcus (Granta)
● La Boca, The Teleportation Accident by Ned Beauman (Sceptre)
The Black Tentacle (Special Award Category):
The World SF Blog is dedicated to posting links, news and original content related to science fiction, fantasy, horror and comics from around the world.
— English PEN (@englishpen) February 26, 2013
Well what do you think?